Turmeric Chicken, Lentil and Beetroot Bowl
Beetroots & legumes are high in folate to combat depression and important for good mood. Turmeric is great for its anti inflammatory properties and chicken high in tryptophan in for that good night sleep.
2 Chicken Breast
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 cup cooked lentils
2 cups rocket
1/4 sliced Spanish onion
1/4 cup toasted pepitas
1 teaspoon minced ginger
2 tablespoon minced coriander
Juice 2 lemons
3 teaspoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
- In a frying pan heat up 1 teaspoon olive oil and coat the chicken breast in turmeric salt and pepper.
- Place the breasts in a pan on a moderate heat and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked.
- When the chicken is cooking place the rest of the ingredients in a bowl except the ginger, coriander, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Mix them separately in a small bowl.
- Cut chicken into strips and add to the bowl and drizzle the dressing over the top.
- KJ: 2298.27
- Cal: 549.30
- Protein: 59.93
- Fat: 20.25
- Sat Fat: 3.40
- Carbohydrate: 23.63
- Sugar: 3.44
- Free Sugar: 0.54
- Fibre: 13.21
- Contains over 100% of the recommended dietary intake of Vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 helps to convert nutrients into energy and also supports brain and nervous system functioning.
- Contains 50% of the recommended dietary intake of Vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 supports brain and nervous system function, as well as energy production.
- Contains 53% of the recommended dietary intake of zinc. Zinc is needed for immune function, neurotransmitter function, healthy skin and hormone balance.
For more healthy recipes download the Healthy Mummy Wellness App
The Healthy Mummy Wellness app is built to support mums’ mental, physical and social wellbeing. We have expert advice to help mums makeover their minds, transform their mood, manage their hormones, sleep better and engage with their family. You can listen to podcasts, read blogs, work out with our trainers and find healthy, family-friendly recipes from the palm of your hand.